|The Diani Rules title is taken literally, as the rules of the games are made up, in Diani, by the judges where it is held.
Basically 16 teams of eight (at least 3 of whom MUST be girls) compete in team sports such as beach volleyball, tug of war, rugby, Frisbee etc.
The games are changed so that everyone is brought up or down to one level e.g. football is played with a rugby ball on the beach.
Teams representing companies from both Kenya and abroad, from different business backgrounds, come to take part, help with the organization or simply to watch and be part of the fun.
Many other organizations, individuals, businessmen and hotels come together to give prizes for the teams and grand raffle.
|| How you can help
- Sponsor a team – each team advertises their sponsor throughout the weekend by wearing brightly colored tee-shirts with their logo clearly displayed. Either bring along your own team to compete or we can provide – Ksh60,000/- (US$ 565)
- Provide sponsorship for the musical entertainment or food and drinks
- Provide a team prize – everyone leaves Diani Rules with a prize.
- Provide a raffle prize – The draw for this takes place at the highlight and conclusion of the event with all participants and spectators present
- Give a donation to the event